- Apache mod_php
- Use PHP for server-side scripting. PHP's strengths include support for a wide range of databases, as well as powerful text processing. (http://www.php.net/)
- Dynamic Module Support
- Load Apache modules dynamically. The Apache Web Server allows you to dynamically load modules when needed. This allows you to extend the capabilities of the server without recompiling the server binary.
- Ability to Restart Server
- Control your own Apache server. Your Web pages will be served by the industry-standard Apache server. You can modify or restart the server remotely.
- Access Control Lists
- Set up your own Access Control Lists (ACL). Control access to your server using personal ACL lists for authentication.
- Zend PHP Optimizer
- Optimize your PHP code for faster runtimes.
- Root Access: the full power of root
- Just how much control do you want over your virtual server? As an administrator or a developer, you're probably looking for complete control over your own unique environment. Here's where GlobalServers steps in. Our virtual private servers give you true root access. This means you get the power and flexibility of a dedicated server, but without the high cost!
Competing products may give you admin capability, but we give you true root (we mean UID 0) to let you manage your system the way you want. Root access to your virtual private server removes nearly all restrictions and enables you to perform advanced systems management and customization.
True root access lets you customize the operating system and file structure to fit your needs, change ownership on folders and directories, and setup advanced automated tasks. (We just hope you can handle all this power.)
In a nutshell? GlobalServers delivers virtual private servers with powerful root access at surprisingly affordable prices!
Here are some additional tasks you can do with true root access:
- Manage Apache config files
- Install or remove RPMs (Red Hat software packages)
- Remove unneeded applications
- Install custom applications
- Create additional Unix users
- Change directory permissions
- Cleanup log files
- Start and shutdown (kill) processes
- Web Development Tools
- Creating a unique website usually requires the development of custom applications. So you're probably wondering if GlobalServers supports the tools that you use. Well, you're in luck. We support all of the popular tools including:
- Python, Tcl
- Java application servers
- Java servlets
- Shell scripts
- Zend PHP optimizer
- SSI (Server Side Includes)
- Open WebMail
- UW IMAP
- proFTP Server
- Zend Optimizer
To see our complete list of integrated tools, check out our package comparison page. You can take full advantage of these integrated tools by visiting public script archives , and then downloading and customizing scripts based on your unique technical requirements.
Here are some popular applications that can be created using the programming tools we've mentioned:
Common end-user applications include, shopping carts, guest books, calendars, form processing/form mail, blogging and more.
Web masters require specific applications in the day-to-day management of their site including, dynamic image generation apps, hit counters, database applications, and web services (SOAP, XML, XSLT) to name just a few.
Have additional questions, or wondering how to get started? Give one of our technical advisors a call at
1-866 HOSTED1 (1-866-467-8331). Or you can simply sign up online. Just contact our technical support if you need help at any point along the way!